Thursday, August 25, 2011

The beginning......Lil' Miss Twinkle Toes

By the time I could walk I was dancing. I think it really is something inherent in all of us as children, that sadly many lose as they 'grow up'.  As children we are all so uninhibited, we don't even know to worry about what others will think of us. I think perhaps I was extra uninhibited ( is that an oxymoron?). All I know is, I would dance anywhere and everywhere, oh and lets not forget the singing and acting and all around frolicking. I was the apple of my mothers and fathers eyes, I could do no wrong and was loved by all. The youngest of 8 kids with a 7 year gap between me and my closest sibling....you KNOW that is a recipe for disaster! Amazingly enough, I think I turned out all right.

So anyway, I was a dancer. As soon as I was old enough to enroll, it was off to Ballet classes, following in my big sisters foot step.  I can't say for sure when that first fateful dance step in class was taken, I imagine it was somewhere around the age of three or four years old. A lot has happened since then. I have to say though, I am so glad my parents did take that step to enroll me in those classes and kept up with it for so many years.  The discipline, the friendships, and all the amazing experiences I have had along the way have helped to shape who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment