Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Years Resolutions....or Bust.........

Did you know that 40 to 45% of American adults make one or more resolutions each year? Did you know that the MOST Popular resolutions are about weight loss, exercising more and to stop smoking!? Studies show that after 6 months over 50% of the people who made a New Year Resolution have stopped maintaining their goal.

While a lot of people who make new years resolutions do break them, research shows that making resolutions is useful. People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don't explicitly make resolutions. Resolution Statistics.

We are 4 weeks away from the New Year! 2012 is right around the corner, and a lot of people are thinking about how they can improve themselves for the future. I don't know about you, but I personally think about self improvement and self development on a regular basis, NOT just once a year! New Years Eve though (or the approach of it) always brings my thoughts zeroing in again on how I can be the best that I can be. I find my BIGGEST challenge is not what I want as a resolution, but keeping true to that resolution and reaching the goals I have set for myself as time goes on. All of us (the 40-45% of peeps who make resolutions...lol) have grand ideas of stepping off the new year on the right foot, we are full of enthusiasm and hope for a new start, but it can be difficult making changes and even more difficult to keep true to those changes.  The sad part is that, year after year the same thing happens, after a while all the enthusiasm starts to fizzle out and we become disheartened and feel like we have let ourselves and/or our loved ones down by breaking our promises to ourselves. Take heart....there is a way to take on those resolutions and make them stick! You might not be able to meet all the goals you have set, but you CAN achieve enough to feel accomplished.

I am sure you have heard of being a person who sees ,"the Glass is Half Full", vs. "the Glass is Half Empty"! Well I have found a great book, that can guide you towards being the person who looks at the glass as being Half Full! Life can be difficult, things do not always turn out the way we want them to and it can be really hard to keep on trucking along when things do not go the way we expect them to.

Resolutions That Work

Try this book for free: Download the PDF eBook, readable on any computer. Note: It takes a moment for the PDF to fully download.
Resolutions That Work addresses what to do when you’re not able to keep your resolutions.

It challenges you to learn to deal with all of yourself: The part of you that wants to change... as well as the part that is resisting change.

As you get into this process, you’ll find it has the potential to free up tremendous energy toward reaching your goals.

I personally have a lot of things I want to improve! My resolutions list for this year is long and complicated...but most important to me, and at the top of my list is to be a better Human Being, I want to give more to others, love with all my heart, and be a friend to everyone in my life. I also want to be a better wife, mother, sister and daughter.  This year I also plan to make a list of short term, easy goals, that I know I can reach and I am going to start on them NOW! I am not waiting till January 1st! Why put off till later what you can do today, that is my motto!






No comments:

Post a Comment